Postcard Campaign to Support the Chinese Labour Activists
Labour organisations in Guangdong Province encountered a large-scale crackdown between the 3rd and 5th December 2015. At least 25 employees and volunteers from four labour organiszations were detained and questioned by the police and seven of them were put into prolonged custody or forced to “disappear”. After a series of global advocacy and actions by Chinese workers, five activists were released. Yet, Zeng Feiyang, director of Panyu Migrant Workers Centre, and his colleague Meng Han continue to be detained. Thus, the HKCTU and labour organisations launched a global postcard campaign in demanding the immediate release of the activists and a halt to the crackdown on civil society. We would like to cordially invite individuals and labour organizations to join the campaign as a gesture of solidarity. Details of the action can be found below:
If you are in Hong Kong:
- Download the postcard and print them on heavy card paper or collect them from the HKCTU. (The jpg file includes the front and back of the postcard - you will have to fold it in half and affix the two sides together to make a postcard.)
- Write an optional message and sign the postcards.
- Bring or send the postcards back to HKCTU before 7 May 2016 at: 19/F, Wing Wong Commericail Building, 557-559 Nathan Road, Yaumatei, Hong Kong
- All postcards from HK will be collected and sent together in one batch to the detention centres in China on May 9, 2016.
If you are outside of Hong Kong
- Download the postcards, print them on heavy card paper. (The jpg file includes the front and back of the postcard - you will have to fold it in half and affix the two sides together to make a postcard.)
- Write an optional message and sign the postcard.
- Mail the postcard directly to the Chinese Embassy or General Consulate in your country.
- Please take a photo with the postcards and email it to [email protected] with the total number of e-postcards collected or upload to your social media as signs of support.